Last night I made Gluhwein! It’s the ideal drink for a German Winter.
Here’s how you can make it, too:
- 1 litre bottle cheap red wine
- 30z/75g sugar (to taste)
- 1 tsp whole cloves
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon or stick cinnamon
- juice of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- Pour wine into a saucepan and add remaining ingredients (you can put whole spices in muslin).
- Heat until nearly boiling and strain (if necessary) into a warm bowl.
- Serve warm.
My Special Tip
- Add bourbon or some othe hard liquor
ill have to try this!